Welcome to Our Practice
We strive to provide the highest quality care for children and their families in a nurturing and compassionate environment.
Reasons to Like Pediatric
& Adolescent Care
- We are a small group practice. This allows us to get to know you and you to know us. We offer a variety of services such as ADHD Evaluation & Treatment, Newborn Care, Physicals, Vaccinations, Well Visits and more!
- All of our doctors and nurse practitioners are highly experienced, board certified, and parents themselves. Several have special interests in Obesity and/or Mental Health (ADHD, Anxiety, & Depression) issues affecting children and adolescents. Just call for an appointment if you are interested.
- We have an experienced nursing staff to talk with during office hours for advice.
- We see new babies at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital. Our staff is very supportive of breastfeeding and we have a Lactation Consultant on site, our own Nurse Practitioner Francine Benjamin, CPNP.
- We have regular office hours Monday through Saturday.
- Only our own providers and nurses cover our answering service calls during evening and weekend hours. Our Electronic Health Records allow us to look at your child’s medical history online during these times if needed, so we can give you the best advice.
- We are at the center of your child’s medical world. We regularly receive and coordinate reports from hospitals, specialists, and labs involved in your child’s care. This allows us to provide the best possible care for your child and avoid unnecessary and expensive trips to walk-in clinics or emergency rooms. So if there is anything you need, just call us!
Pediatric Symptom Checker
From the American Academy of
Just click Here
Milestone Checker Mobile App
From the Center for Disease
Just click Here
Family Media Plan
Also from the American Academy of
Just click Here
For the Memorial Day Holiday the office will be open as usual on Saturday morning, but will close on Monday. Happy Holiday!
Covid Vaccines & Testing
We are continuing to administer the Covid vaccine for kids ages six months through age five. Please call for an appointment. We are no longer offering the Covid vaccine for kids age five and older. These vaccines are available at pharmacies and the Health department. We anticipate having a Covid booster for older kids again in the Fall.
We are performing an antigen test for Covid at the office, with results within 15 minutes, and a PCR test via Labcorp with a 1-2 day turn around.
All of the staff at the office are vaccinated.
How MRNA vaccines work
The office is in daily contact with doctors at the AAP and CDC for guidance. Though the virus is clearly dangerous, it usually is mild in children. Please see below, under "From the AAP", for more information on Covid and your children.
One important update: To keep our patients and staff healthy, we no longer have walk in hours between 8 and 8:45 AM. If your child is sick, please first call.
How to set up a Televisit
- Please ignore the other automated email that tells you to login to the patient portal. You may use either a laptop or a phone (with a camera).
- Please go to the website 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Have your child with you in a quiet area.
- Type into your browser: doxy.me/pedsvisit
- Enter the name of your child - First and Last Name
- Then, click "Check In"
- Make sure your video and audio are both working. (Click yes to enable video and microphone)
- You will wait there until the doctor opens up the visit.
- If you have any questions or issues with these instructions, please call us at 301-869-2292.
From the AAP
Talking to Children
about Racial Bias
Additional Coronavirus Information
Covid vaccines and more
We are proud of our doctors. They regularly appear on lists of the best pediatricians in the Washington area.