Welcome to our Helpful Links page!
Our team of professionals and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their child's health and wellbeing. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics, which can be found on the side of each page. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire website, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided below.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Medical Home Model
Our office believes in the concept of a "medical home" for your children. The American Academy of Pediatrics has recently published a statement describing the benefits in having a "medical home" and the many disadvantages in using various clinics in the community for your child's health. You'll find the statement here.
Medical Internet Sites
- American Academy of Pediatrics: A Complete Resource for Parents
- National Institutes of Health - Extensive Medical Information
- Center For Disease Control - Travel & Medical Information
- Center For Disease Control - Parenting Essentials for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Medline Plus - English & Spanish
- WebMD- Extensive Medical Information
- Kids Health.org
- Health Fraud Scams
- Start Healthy, Stay Healthy
- Food & Fiber - From the Mayo Clinic
- Food & Salt - From the Cleveland Clinic
- A Healthy Diet - From the Mayo Clinic
- A Low Fat Diet - From the NIH
- Choose My Plate - From the USDA
- Healthy Snacks- From the USDA
- Vegetarian Diet for Children
- The Nutrition Source - From Harvard Univeristy
- Center for Disease Control
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia-Vaccine Education Center
- Johns Hopkins University-Institute for Vaccine Safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Every Child By Two
Children's Medicine Dosage
- CHADD: The National Resource on ADHD
- Additude Magazine
- From the NIH
- Six Steps to Navigating the School System
- Understood: For Learning & Attention Issues
- Safe Kids.org
- Child Safety & Childproofing: Tips & Advice
- Car Safety Seats from the AAP
- Car Safety Seats: Maryland Law
- Child Seat Inspection Stations
- National Safety Council
- Teens and driving
- Pool Dangers and Drowning Prevention: When It's Not Swimming Time
- Drowning Prevention: Information for Parents
- Water Safety: Tips for Parents of Young Children
- Home Water Hazards for Young Children
- Swaddling Guidelines
Help to Stop Smoking
Strengthening & Stretching Exercises
Online Educational Resource
Resources for Head Lice
We understand many women may be apprehensive or unsure at first about breastfeeding vs. bottle-feeding their baby. It’s normal to have many questions related to breastfeeding. Our doctors are here to support you.
La Leche League was founded to give information and encouragement, mainly through personal help, to all mothers who want to breastfeed their babies. The mission of La Leche League is to help mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother.
Visit La Leche League for more information about breastfeeding.