We strive to provide the highest quality care for children and their families in a nurturing and compassionate environment.
Seven Reasons to Like Pediatric
& Adolescent Care
- We are a small group practice. This allows us to get to know you and you to know us.
- All of our doctors and nurse practitioners are highly experienced, board certified, and parents themselves. Several have special interests in Obesity and Mental Health (ADHD, Anxiety, & Depression) issues affecting children and adolescents- just call for an appointment if you are interested.
- We have an experienced nursing staff to talk with during office hours for advice.
- We see new babies at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and Holy Cross Hospitals in Silver Spring and Germantown. Our staff is very supportive of breastfeeding and we have a Lactation Consultant on site, our own Nurse Practitioner, Francine Benjamin, CPNP.
- We have regular office hours Monday through Saturday.
- Only our own providers and nurses cover our answering service calls during evening and weekend hours. Our Electronic Health Records allow us to look at your child’s medical history online during these times if needed, so we can give you the best advice.
- We are at the center of your child’s medical world. We regularly receive and coordinate reports from hospitals, specialists, and labs involved in your child’s care. This allows us to provide the best possible care for your child and avoid unnecessary and expensive trips to clinics or emergency rooms. So if there is anything you need, just call us!
Pediatric Symptom Checker
From the American Academy of Pediatrics
Just click Here
Milestone Checker Mobile App
From the Center for Disease Control
Just click Here
Family Media Plan
Also from the American Academy of Pediatrics
Just click Here
Covid Testing Machine
We now have a machine which tests for Covid. The test is a nose swab and takes about fifteen minutes to perform. We are still not allowing patients with symptoms of Covid to come to the office. The testing machine is for patients who need clearance before attending school, or events, in children who are otherwise well. Please call with any questions.
The providers and staff at the office have begun the vaccination process through the health department. So far, no problems. This means, we are a step closer to vaccinating you.
Thankfully this Flu season, so far, has been quiet. We still encourage you to bring in your family for the vaccine.
We are proud to announce that we now have a Lactation Consultant on site, our own Nurse Practitioner, Francine Benjamin, CPNP.
We have a Therapist
We have partnered with CareFirst & JSSA to have a therapist at the office. Please call for details.
The office is in daily contact with doctors at the AAP and CDC for guidance. Fortunately, the virus is usually mild in children. Please see below, under "From the AAP", for more information on Covid and your children. We will be keeping the office open to keep your children healthy and safe.
One important update: To keep our patients and staff healthy, we no longer have walk in hours between 8 and 8:45 AM. If your child is sick, please first call.
How to set up a Televisit
- Please ignore the other automated email that tells you to login to the patient portal. You may use either a laptop or a phone (with a camera).
- Please go to the website 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time:
- Enter the name of your child - First and Last Name
- Then, click "Check In"
- Make sure your video and audio are both working. (Click yes to enable video and microphone)
- You will wait there until the doctor opens up the visit.
- The child should be with the parent in a quiet room or area.
- Thank you,
- If you have any questions or issues with these instructions, please let us know.
- You may call 301-869-2292
What we are doing at the office
- We are now seeing some of our sick visits via Televisits.
- We are continuing to do check ups.
- We are escorting patients back to examination rooms as they enter the office.
- We have removed toys & magazines from the office to reduce exposure.
- We are regularly sterilizing all surfaces.
If you suspect your child has Covid-19, please call the office for help. We don't want cases of Coronavirus at the office. For more information please visit the CDC website.
From the AAP
We are proud of our doctors. They regularly appear on lists of the best pediatricians in the Washington area.
Meet Our Providers
Stuart Taylor, MD, FAAP
Linda Berger, MD, FAAP
Rachel Rennert, MD, FAAP
Maria DelGiorno, MD, FAAP
Sirisha Durbhakula, MD, FAAP
Kristen Johnston, CPNP
Francine Benjamin, CPNP
All professionals at Pediatric & Adolescent Care, P.A. maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field.